All posts by Rebecca Forman

Maybe I Missed The Hummus

Maybe I missed the country itself, the land of my ancestors. A place where religions collide and interact, where people fight wars with one another and find peace with one another, a place of hate and a place of much more love. I missed the way thousands of years of...

The Ultimate Community

“Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six”—I looked to my dump, the player to turn to for support. The language was different, but the game was still the same. I flicked it back to him, and he then hucked it up the field where someone caught it in the end zone....

The Future of Scotland: Surveying Scottish Youth

BY REBECCA FORMAN On September 18, 2014 approximately 55% of Scottish voters were ‘Delighted to be United,’ while the other 45% went home disappointed and without independence from the United Kingdom. Scottish youth played a tremendous role in the campaigning and voting process. The voting age was lowered to 16,...

Saying Goodbye: The Ugly Truth About Romances Abroad

BY REBECCA FORMAN He wrapped one arm around me as we walked through his Harry Potter-like neighborhood and avoided the puddles that had gathered on the ‘pavement.’ I joked that he looked dumb in his ‘trackies.’ It all seemed so normal in a moment that was anything but normal. When...

Snapshots: Isle of Skye

PHOTOS AND WORDS BY REBECCA FORMAN In October, while I was studying abroad at the University of Edinburgh, my mother and I met up and drove, ferried, and hiked for 600 miles through the Scottish Highlands to the Isle of Skye and its Cuillin Mountains in the Inner Hebrides.  When...